Strong moms are the key to a healthy society. How so? Well, society is the collection of individuals and moms are those individuals, who give birth, nourish and grow the whole society. Hence, strong moms are the key to a healthy society, not just a key to a healthy family! That is the reason; today we will dive deep into exactly which moms can find strength in motherhood to become strong moms.
Who are strong moms?
Strong moms are the ones who are physically and mentally healthy and fit. This duo spectrum of fitness for moms means that strong moms put efforts in exercises, go for strolling and maintain a healthy lifestyle while raising the little angels.
What does it mean to find strength in motherhood?
Strength in motherhood is the key concept in the life of strong moms. It means that strong moms do not take their motherly obligations as an excuse to ignore a healthy lifestyle. In contrary to that, they take strength in motherhood by involving their children in exercises and healthy life choices. This viewpoint results in a healthy lifestyle for the whole family along with moms. It is often observed that some moms start to assume that it is not possible to stay fit while caring for the kids. This happens because moms do not know how to find strength in motherhood. So, we have arranged three steps to find strength in motherhood and become a strong mom.
3 Steps To Find Strength In Motherhood And Become Strong Moms
- Learn how to find strength in motherhood
- Eliminate Biggest excuse for not exercising
- Act and Exercise
Learn How To Find Strength In Motherhood
Learning and building up your knowledge base about being a strong mom is the first step to find strength in motherhood. Here are some great tips to start building your knowledge base to make you a strong mom.
Tips To Start Building Your Knowledge Base
- Fit Pregnancy is the key for strong moms
- Find who are strong moms near me?
- Look for mommy and me classes
- Plan moms’ night out
- Become stroller fitness expert and a Stroller fit example for moms
Fit Pregnancy is the key for strong moms
Fit Pregnancy is one of the most important requirements of a healthy mom and baby. A 2008 study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology found women who continued to do weight-bearing exercise during their pregnancy gained less weight, deposited less fat and had a lower risk of heart conditions than those who did not. The study concluded, “Women who continue weight-bearing exercise during pregnancy maintain their long-term fitness and have a low cardiovascular risk profile in the perimenopausal period.” It is essential for moms to remain fit at their core by keeping a healthy lifestyle. But if you’ve ever been pregnant you know that that is easier said than done! Keeping a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy is difficult yet necessary. It is so important to keep moving even if you have zero energy or if you don’t feel like it. As long as your doctor clears you for exercise! First-time moms often find it difficult to ask the right questions from doctors regarding exercise so, make sure you right down your questions before you go to your appointment. One way to stay active is to find other moms or moms to be near you.
Find who are strong moms near me?
Humans are a social animal. We learn and survive in society. So, moms should look for the answer to the most important question. Who are the strong moms near me? Finding strong moms is not an easy task if you will try to find them in the streets. However, if you look for something like iStroll, you can find dozens of strong moms near you. These strong moms will be the best thing ever happens to you as they will help to walk you through the journey of motherhood and fitness.
Look for mommy and me classes
Always try to find mommy and me classes near your area. Mommy and me classes are a growingly famous term for the fitness for moms classes which involve moms and kids. These classes are ideal for all moms as they will ensure the wellbeing of both mom and baby at the same time. These classes ensure that moms can do comfortable exercises while ensuring the care of baby angels.
Plan moms’ night out
Strong moms deserve moms’ night out. The daily routine of moms should be rejuvenated by planning moms’ night out every once in a while. The plan depends on the choice of mom. A night out after achieving every specific fitness goal can be a great idea to keep you on track during the daily routine. This will help you in two ways. You will get a chance of reenergizing yourself and this will work as an extra bonus during the regular tough life.
Become stroller fitness expert and a Stroller fit example for moms
Strollers are the key tool to move your baby angel. However, strong moms use strollers as their fitness tool by devising various exercises and tips while using a stroller. Learn tips and exercises to become a stroller fitness expert yourself, so you can turn your daily routine into a healthy routine.
Eliminate The Biggest Excuse For Not Exercising
Moms can easily find a lot of excuses to avoid an active lifestyle and exercising. However, it is up to moms to become strong moms and find strength in motherhood. The biggest excuse often quoted by moms is a busy schedule. So here is tip to eliminate this excuse:
Rise Early To Get Extra Time
Strong moms rise early from their family to become fit moms. Rising early does not mean that one should sacrifice the sleep on the name of exercising. Sleep is essential too. So what should be done? It is simple! Wake up early and adjust your sleep cycle accordingly. In this way you will sleep on the extra time you spend during the night while waking up but doing nothing.
Act and Exercise
Act: Go for stroller strides
Strollers are an essential component of the life of moms. Always try to put them on good use by taking strollers strides with your baby angel. One can try different routes and areas to keep interested in stroller strides. Keeping interested is not the only thing to care about. It is better to check the weather and take precautions accordingly to keep yourself and your baby secure from unwanted conditions.
Exercise Option among the best stroller workout for moms
Exercise is the key to maintain a healthy lifestyle so try to do the following exercising:
Here are a few Exercises that you can do while walking or jogging with your stroller
Exercise: Squat & Heel Raise at Bottom
The squat is the part of our daily life and moms often squat multiple times during the day. However, integrating a heel raise at the end of every squat will enhance the lower body strength, balance, and posture of the body.
How to do it?
- Step 1: Take your feet a bit wider than hip-width apart and roll your shoulders back and down. Now try to engage your core.
- Step 2: Put your hand on the stroller for additional support.
- Step 3: Transfer your body weight to your heels and start sitting back with your hip as if you are trying to sit on the imaginary chair in the air. Take your thighs as low as possible.
- Step 4: Slowly lift your heels up and down while maintaining your control.
- Step 5: Come back to your starting point of the exercise by putting weight into heels.
Exercise: Hip Hinge
Hip Hinge is the ideal exercise to strengthen the lower back, posterior chain, hamstrings, and glutes. Strong moms who develop the habit of doing hip hinge have fewer chances of injury and lower back pain during lifting laundry baskets, bending over for picking groceries and playing with your baby angel.
How to do it?
- Step 1: Place your hands on your stroller, keep your belly firm and knees soft. Now take your feet hip distance apart.
- Step2: Push your stroller out with control while pressing hips backward to hinge at the hips. Remember to maintain length in your spine during this step.
- Step 3: Bring your stroll back toward you while putting weight on heels and standing tall.
Exercise: Oblique Knee Lift
Oblique Knee lift while standing is ideal to enhance the strength of your core as this exercise ensures that you have to engage your abs to remain stable while standing.
How to do it?
- Step 1: Stand tall and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Step 2: Place stroller on the left or right side and put your one hand on it.
- Step 3: Transfer body weight to the leg near the stroller.
- Step 4: Now lift the other knee of another leg, up and out to the side while bending and bringing your elbow toward your knee that is lifted.
Exercise: Stationary Swivel Lunge
This exercise is ideal to strengthen quads and hamstrings while improving coordination and balance of the body.
How to do it?
- Step 1: Stand with feet a bit wider than hip-width apart while remaining relaxed.
- Step 2: Place hands on the stroller
- Step 3: Step a bit back with your left foot while slowly lowering your knee toward the floor into a lunge position slowly.
- Step 4: Swing back leg into a wide plie squat while maintaining balance.
- Step 5: Return to a lunge facing front and come back to starting position.
Exercise: Squat Jumps with a smile
This is an ideal exercise if you want to keep your baby happy and yourself healthy. All you need is a smile filled with love for your baby.
How to do it?
- Step 1: Stand with your feet hip-width apart in front of your baby in a stroller.
- Step 2: Smile and start with a regular start, then add a little jump by pushing from the bottom of the squat in a fun way.
- Step 3: Land on the same squat while keeping your knees soft to protect your joints and lower back.
- Step 4: Keep baby smiling to your little angels and add some tickles to the baby after every landing.
In conclusion, strong moms are the basic building blocks of a strong society. A strong society can only be ensured if we make exercising a social endeavor among moms. It can only be done if we contribute toward it and choose the sustainable organizations which can support family-friendly exercise environment. Lastly, if you are a mom and reading this, it means you can contribute toward the cause of moms by sharing this article with other moms and turning them into strong moms.